Argan Oil

I write about things I'm into and one of these is the amazing argan oil. It comes from the fruit pit of the argan tree that grows in Morocco. Berber women have been using it as a beauty aid and a cooking oil for centuries. This oil rich in vitamin E has uses ranging from moisturizing dry skin to preventing stretch marks and reducing acne scars.  It's also wonderful for restoring shine to hair, repairing split ends and alleviating dry itchy scalp. It even has anti-aging qualities and is easily absorbed into the skin, but it's not cheap.  It takes 32 kilos of fruit to make 1 liter of oil.

My two favorite argan oil products are Moroccanoil ($42) and Kiehl's Superbly Restorative Argan Dry Oil ($30 for 4.2oz) and with winter's dry air coming soon, I will be keeping them both close by.

Favorite products

Argan trees

1 comment:

  1. Argan trees grow only in Morocco and they were dying out which made the oil more expensive. People are doing dissertations on this tree because of its unusual but valuable traits. Preserve the oil. I like it eaten than in the hair. Olive oil heated warm and combed through the hair and slept in at night is more effective than doing the same thing with the argan oil.
    My husband is from Morocco, hence why I know.

    ReplyDelete